The Language Center Library offers a large selection of language teaching materials, publications on research, dictionaries and grammar books, as well as magazines, academic journals
and multimedia-based aids to assist language learning and teaching. It contains extensive materials for German, English, French, Italian,
Spanish and Latin. Some materials are also available for Swiss German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Classical
The Language Center library is open to instructors, participants of Language Center courses as well as to any other interested parties. The only restriction on the use of materials is that they may not be checked out or borrowed. Visitors to the library may study materials in Babylonia, where there is also a copy machine.
Language Center of UZH and ETH Zurich
Tel.: 044 634 52 81 (office)/
044 634 52 85 (library)
Monday-Friday 9:00 – 12:00 a.m. and Thursday 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Different opening and closing times
Detailed information can be found here.
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache
- EAP (English Academic Purposes) Journal
- ESP (English Specific Purposes) Journal
- Forum Classicum. Zeitschrift für die Fächer Latein und Griechisch an Schulen und Universitäten
- Fremdsprache Deutsch. Zeitschrift für die Praxis des Deutschunterrichts
- Journal of English as a Lingua Franca
- Language Learning in Higher Education
- Language Teaching – CUP
- TESOL Quarterly
- Zeitschrift für Romanische Sprachen und ihre Didaktik