Advice on autonomous learning
Whenever you come to the Self-Access Center, there is always someone there to help you with our learning tools.
If you need advice on your individual language learning program, or if you would like help choosing appropriate Self-Access Center materials, you can sign up for a consultation.
When is a consultation for autonomous learning appropriate?
- If you are planning a semester/year abroad and wish to improve your language skills for that purpose
- If you are preparing for a language test
- If you need advice about working with a tandem partner or a learning partner
- If you have not been able to find a suitable course for your learning needs or level
- If you need help with specific language issues
How long does a consultation last?
- 30-45 minutes
How do I book an consultation?
- Register through Morganize (see the top right of this page). If you cannot find a suitable date: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language consultations are free of charge for students and staff of the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich.
How do I prepare for an appointment?
- If you have never been to the Self-Access Center before, come by before your consultation and have a look at our facilities. Ask the SAC assistant to show you around.
- Determine your language level, using the instructions on the following web page: Determining your language level
- Take some time to think about your language goals. The following document might be helpful: PDF or Word)