The Language Center designs tailor-made English courses on request for clients from UZH and ETH Zurich. Our clients are academic staff, doctoral students, postdoc groups, and logistics and service organization staff. The language levels that have been covered in the past range from A0 (complete beginner) to C2+ (native-speaker competence).
The course formats are designed to meet our clients’ needs. For example, in the past, we have run half-day workshops; 15-week courses of 90 minutes a week; and short academic writing courses combined with one-to-one coaching sessions. Groups typically consist of between 3 and 12 participants, although one-off lectures on specific topics are available to considerably larger groups.
For more information on prices and types of courses, click here (PDF, 111 KB). For more detailed information and to arrange an initial meeting, contact Dr Michelle Norgate, Head of English, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Language Center also offers one-to-one coaching in the following languages:
- Academic writing
- Preparing to give a conference paper
- Professional presentations for management staff
- TOEFL and IELTS test preparation
- Email writing for administrative staff (group coaching)
For more information, register online or contact our Secretariat at email@example.com
French, Italian, Spanish
- CV and cover letter writing
- Preparing to give a conference paper at a university or research organization
- Preparing for a job interview
- Improving discipline-specific or other specific language skills
For more information, contact our Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org